About Me

My photo
Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder,Depression and Anorexia,I am described as a 'chronic' self harmer.My pets are my life,why don't you get to know us :)

Sunday 1 May 2011

My aunty is dying

I aunty was diagnosed with liver cancer last week, we have now been told it is terminal, she has a maximum of 6 months if she has chemotherapy to prolong her life, but that will make her really sick and that time will be spent in hospital. Having no treatment will mean less time, but the time will be time that she does have will be more quality.

Nobody deserves to get cancer, but it breaks my heart that it is her. My uncle is distraught, they have been married for over 40 years. It is so unfair.

A lot of you will be aware of Oscar, he is my aunties parrot, I made him a YouTube channel, he is amazing, he hasn't coped well at all with my aunty being in hospital, he stopped eating and kept saying "Pam coming home" over and over again. I know in these circumstances the last thing I should be worrying about is a parrot, but my aunty is Oscars world and he is very intelligent and isn't going to understand where his beloved 'Pam' has gone and I know that is going to hurt my aunty so knowing that.

Cancer is cruel and heartless.

1 comment:

  1. We're really sorry to hear about it, Amy, its so hard when you know there's nothing anyone can really do.

    Big hugs, and we think you are so brave! xxx

    ReplyDelete