About Me

My photo
Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder,Depression and Anorexia,I am described as a 'chronic' self harmer.My pets are my life,why don't you get to know us :)

Sunday 17 April 2011

Locked Jaw

My jaw locked shut today for a couple of hours, the muscles in my left side now ache so much. I guess there is no avoiding that my bone disease is destroying what is left of my TMJ. I am seeing the senior surgeon in June, I do not want the operation again and was hoping things could be put off for a while, but it is looking like I am going to need it sooner rather than later. I am scared they are going to say I need the whole joint replaced, which will be even more of a major operation. After the first operation I was left with damaged muscles on the left side of my face which affected the closing of my left eye, it took a lot of physio to get that back, what happens if that happens again?

June is going to be one heck of a busy month, I am being discharged form the CMHT, moving flat, my sisters birthday and seeing the surgeon to find out what the plan is.

What ever is going to happen surgery wise I know that in the mean time they will make me a splint for my jaw, I have had three different ones over the last few years, they are horrible, very painful, and gross. I threw them all away as I was so sure that things were never going to go backwards with my jaw, very ignorant of me.

The fun begins.

For those of you that haven't seen them I have included the lovely photos from my last operation, at least I have a good photo collection from all of this!







2 comments:

  1. i'm so sorry that all this is happening to you, you don't deserve it at all.
    Are they seriously just going to stop your treatment ? I can't get over how horrible that is. You're not a lost cause, you can get better, it just takes time.

    I hope they change their mind, I really do,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. major major stuff here Ams.I can gather that you're quite apprehensive about June but remember that regardless of appointments/ill health of humor,things aren't all gonna crash on you.Trust in the flow of life(easier said than done!!!!).

    Pictures are so graphic!!You surely have some hell of a photo collection.I'm shocked and impressed!No wya am I belittling the TMJ..Is that the actual problem?Or isn't a generalized bone problem?You've been through significant trauma before and though it seems to be overwhelming please realize that you a survivor.You are a survivor of ED,of mental pain,of physical pain and you've dealt with things better than I think you know.I'm very impressed by you girl.Hopefully I can see you through the next few months?I know I'm a it useless at the best of times but I'm not going anywhere anyway,that's all :)

    ReplyDelete