About Me

My photo
Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder,Depression and Anorexia,I am described as a 'chronic' self harmer.My pets are my life,why don't you get to know us :)

Monday 11 April 2011

This is really pissing me off now

I have had someone who read my blog and then went to my YouTube channel, they wrote the following


I read ur blog and directed to this to hear you saying how bad ur flat is now. You make a house a home. Ppl everywhere are discontented with wot they have but u have lived there 6 years? Can't be that bad n now u manipulate the system to get a 2 bedroom apartment. Y the F***K do u need 2 bedrooms? U R living off the system free of charge and you are given a 2 bed flat when there r ppl bed blocking in hospitals cos they have serious physical disabilities n cant go to their former homes!!!


This really upset me and I wrote the following back

Hey everyone is entitled to their own opinions and to be honest I am not in the mood to argue with you,I have not manipulated the system,if you lived in the flat I have been living in you would understand why I needed to move,I have been on the housing register for 4 years,I am very lucky to be given a 2 bedroomed flat,I never 'picked' this flat it was given to me and yes I am very lucky.I worked extremely hard before I became to ill to work and have every intention of returning to work once I am well enough to do so,so in the mean time yes I do live off benefits.When I am better I will once again resume paying my taxes.I hope that one day you never get poorly and need to claim benefits as then you will realise how it feels to be judged.
On a recent inspection to my flat by the environmental health they discovered that the water tank in my loft was uncovered and there was rat faeces around it,would you be happy to brush your teeth in that water?


Then this evening I get the following


U cannot 'assume' i dont know what it is like to be ill & suffer disability - i have suffered much much more more than i care to share and yet ppl may say envy or jealously prompted me to air my views, but the truth is i dont envy for me for any self gain, i feel for those who go without due to SERIOUS misfortune - i feel for those who suffer severe neglect and serious abuse; dont 'assume' i dont have it in my capacity to show compassion to THOSE who truly deserve respect and support!

This is what my psychologist said to the first message


Hi Amy, Thats not very nice is it?. Sadly, there will always be people who hold opinions like this, but they don't know the full story do they? Just ignore it Amy, remember that self compassion we were talking about friday. You need to be kind to yourself and part of this is accepting some people may think such things but you know the full story and you know that you deserve to live in a flat that is free of rats and you're only on benefits as you have been unwell and you're working towards getting yourself well, getting a job and ultimately giving back to society. Don't let this spoil your excitement, Julie

 I no that her opinion is the only one that should matter as she knows everything about me, but it still hurts. It makes me doubt myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment